Monday, March 29, 2010

9 Weeks

     By this point I think most people have found out I’m pregnant. We found out on March 7th and told our families on March 9th. All of them were over the top excited and speechless...we hadn't told them we were trying but all of them were stoked. I was 6 weeks by that point and already feeling the wonders of pregnancy. I want to make every woman aware who has yet to have a child…morning sickness is a hoax. It’s actually 24 hour a day sickness (at least for me). Between the hours of 4pm-10am I spend most of my time throwing up and sleeping. Sometimes during those hours I’m not in the comfort and convenience of home so have learned to throw up anywhere. I think my years of college drinking helped prepare me for this…when you need to throw up, your body doesn’t care where you are. Thankfully my mom has supplied me with several Southwest Airlines barf bags otherwise no one would ever want to ride in my car again.

      This past Saturday, I was driving down the freeway with Marc sitting shotgun when he started talking about teriyaki food. I told him to stop, my stomach wasn’t in the mood, but he wouldn’t listen. He started describing what he was going to eat and how good it sounded and that was all I needed. I reached for a barf bag and while driving with one hand, threw up in a bag with the other hand. Afterwards I looked at Marc who was just staring at me. I said, “Don’t talk about food” and he just nodded. I think he’ll start to learn more and more I’m not kidding :)

     We are due on November 1st and are very excited to welcome a new member to the Dailey family. Marc is doing whatever he can to bargain for a boy because he says “girls make me nervous”. I don’t mind either way because really, we have no control. I’ll have an ultrasound at 20 weeks and at that point we’ll find out the gender.

      I’m sure some people are shocked about how soon after our wedding we decided to get pregnant, but oh well. :) We both want kids and are excited to start our family so we figured, why not now? Our one year wedding anniversary will be a non-alcoholic celebration but it’s totally worth it. After all, Marc is getting up there in age anyway...30 isn't too far away ;)

     For now, I’m just trying to stay healthy and figure out a way to keep food down. Marc is trying to make sure I’m doing ok and getting me anything and everything I need. I couldn’t ask for a more supportive and wonderful husband :) All in all, this is a super exciting time for us and we are so thankful for our amazing families and friends who are helping share in our excitement. More to come…

2 comments:

  1. Tara! I just noticed your blog on your facebook profile- perfect timing... I am SO happy for you and Marc! You are going to be an awesome mom. Really. Just remember that soccer moms are just as important as soccer players, and softball/baseball moms are priceless, especially that ones who choose their words carefully :)

    I am moving back to the west, so the likelihood of us crossing paths will increase soon.

    I hope your pregnancy improves as you move along.
    Best,
    Skeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenni!! We're both super excited and can't wait for November :) I read you're going to grad school...BYU right? Congrats on that! Tell the family hi,
    :)Tara

    ReplyDelete