Saturday, May 22, 2010

4 Months

At this point I am just over 4 months along. We had a check up last Tuesday where the doctor was trying to get the baby's heart rate. I say "trying to" because every time our doctor would find the heartbeat the baby would disappear. The doc would find the heart rate on the other side of my stomach, then it would disappear, and she would find it in my upper stomach. This went on and on and Marc and I couldn't stop laughing. We felt like our baby was playing a game of hide and seek. Once we were able to finally hear a heart rate for more than 3 seconds, everything was confirmed that the baby is doing very well. Then our doctor said to us, "You are going to have a very active baby." Marc said that's a gene the baby got from me....whatever :)


(A Mother's Day gift from Marc)


The next exciting step is our ultrasound on June 9th. That is the big day where we are suppose to find out the baby's gender. The doctor warned us though that since the baby has been very active (between this latest heart rate test and the backflips the little one was doing at the 11 week ultrasound) she explained we may not be able to tell. I am hoping we catch the baby sleeping that day...the other trick is to start laughing because that usually makes the baby freeze (when I laugh the space for the baby gets smaller so backflips aren't possible :) ). Marc and I are so excited to find out the gender that we'll stay as long as we need to in order to get a good picture.


This coming Tuesday I will be 17 weeks which is just over 4 months. The doctor said I will probably start to feel the baby any day now and I think I did this morning. I woke up to go to the bathroom around 3am and when I laid back down in bed it seemed like I felt an extra heartbeat...one that was much faster than mine and was low in my stomach. Things like that make me feel more and more like I'm pregnant. As of about 2 weeks ago I stopped throwing up and my sickness has almost gone away. With that gone and without a huge bump, there are times it's hard to believe I really am pregnant. I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move and for him/her to keep growing.




(Mother's Day brunch)

Speaking of growing, I woke up the other day with a bump that came out of nowhere. I immediately weighed myself to see if I gained a bunch of weight all of a sudden but the scale was the same as it has been. Now though, I have a bump sticking out which is pretty hard to the touch. It's been a strange adjustment and something I need to start getting used to. I know it's going to get bigger but right now it looks like a beer gut and makes me feel a bit self conscious. Marc LOVES it and thinks it's so cool and I'll get there...I just need to adjust. It's weird to see your body change after years of it being somewhat the same.


This coming weekend I'll be in Seattle with some of my best friends who are throwing me a baby shower. I'm super excited to see everyone and so happy they want to share this time with me. This is going to be the first time I'm around any of them since finding out I'm pregnant and I can't wait! I'll probably cry since that's what I do lately :) But they make me feel very blessed to have such great people in my life and I miss them all like crazy. There will definitely be lots of pictures to show once I'm back...Am I right ladies? ;)

1 comment:

  1. heck yes you're right!CAN'T WAIT TO SEEEEE YOOOOUUUU!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete