Sunday, April 6, 2008

Inspiration

This was a note given to me by a friend...

"So I was thinking lately about passions. Sometimes, when you look at a person, or know them kind of well, you never really have a good idea about how passionate they are, even if you know they have a passion. Does that make sense? It’s obvious that people have passions, but you never really know until you talk to them that you see a little glimpse of how much they actually love what they’re doing. I’ve got an example..."

"Tara, my neighbor across the hall. I cannot even believe how much she loves to play soccer. She’ll go through any sort of pain and torment just to keep playing and getting the time in to do what she loves. Even if she’s in a horrible amount of pain, she’ll keep going and fight with it just to do what she loves to do. I can’t even believe the shit she has to go through just to get back on the field and to feel free and alive and a part of something so special. She’ll do anything for it- that’s raw passion for the game. It’s actually that raw passion- the fact that the person will do anything to experience, just one more time, the feeling of truth and beauty through what they’re doing."

"I can tell when Tara talks about being able to get to play again that her whole heart is devoted to being out on the field with her team mates and doing the thing she does the best. She gets excited talking about it and all pumped up and completely giddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment