I'm 37 weeks today so at this point I'm classified as "full term". My due date though is 3 weeks from today, November 1st, and I really hope she holds out until then. There are a few reasons but one is I'm not a fan of even numbers so for her birthday to be 10/??/10...it would just be a lot to handle :) I've talked with Little Girl Dailey about this and I'm pretty sure she's on the same page...she wants a November birthday as well.
It's that time where we go to the doctor once a week in order to keep an eye on everything. At this point, the doctor said everything is right on course and there are no signs of her coming soon. The doctor did say Little Girl Dailey has "dropped" (my bladder is well aware of that), but that doesn't necessarily mean she's coming soon.
Last weekend my friends in ABQ threw me a baby shower and last Friday I had one at work. It was great to celebrate Little Girl Dailey with our ABQ people and awesome to see all the support we have here. Her room is now filled with clothes and necessities so everything is pretty much set for her to arrive.
One of the gifts we received was from Helen...a framed poem she wrote to Little Girl Dailey:
"Your mother is an amazing gal,
She's funny, smart, and not so tall.
I met her at work a few years back,
I met her at work a few years back,
A funny personality she does not lack!
I hope you resemble her and get her eyes,
If you're so lucky you'll be half as wise.
I hope you share her spirit and her laugh,
If you play soccer, you'll have her calves!
She'll be your true, sincere and honest friend,
Giving you great advice right to the end.
You're lucky you picked her or maybe she picked you,
She'll be there for you always no matter what you do.
A friend, a role model, and sports advocate she will always be,
Make sure she tells you the stories behind the scars on her knee.
Ask your mom about the beverage games she likes to play,
And how she felt when you were in her tummy each and every day.
Your mom enjoys puzzles and is quite a pro,
One day she and dad will make pizza with you out of fresh dough.
Be so kind to your mommy, she will love you so,
And feel sorry for her because daddy will never tell you no!"
Now we're just resting up and relaxing, waiting for the Little Girl to arrive. We'll let you all know in about 3 weeks :)
We are getting so excited for you Tara, Marc, and baby Dailey! You are in our thoughts and our fingers are crossed for November, you know how I get about those things too T! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tera and Ben